Read more about COVID-19 testing and response procedures.
About Student Health Services
Student Health Services (SHS) is quick, convenient, and affordable access to medical care provided by a Family Nurse
Practitioner who can diagnose and treat common health problems. SHS is not a full service clinic and will refer the
student if the clinic is unable to provide the appropriate care.
- An office visit co-pay is $15. An average visit will cost between $15–$35. Additional costs are dependent
on services rendered. Payment is due at the time of service with cash, check or credit/debit card.
- SHS does not accept health insurance. We are a cash pay service only. Utilizing a cash pay system helps to keep
our costs low and affordable. If a student prefers to utilize their health insurance
benefits, please refer to the After Hour Care/Local Resources tab to
find a nearby provider.
- SHS services are available to current Westminster College students only. Make sure to bring your student ID card
with you to your appointment, as this expedites the check out process.
If you are experiencing any symptoms related to coronavirus, you must call 801.832.2239 before arriving.
Fall and Spring Semester Clinic Hours
Appointments are recommended, but walk-ins are welcome and will be seen after scheduled appointments. The clinic follows the academic calendar.
- Monday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
May Term Clinic Hours
- Monday–Thursday 11:00 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
- Closed Fridays
- Appointments are strongly recommended.
Closed during summer sessions
Student Health Services is located in the lower level of the Shaw Center.
- Basic procedures
- Family Planning
See the full list of services
Phone—non urgent messages only
E-mail—non urgent messages only
For an appointment call 801.832.2239. Leave a message if the clinic is not open and your
call will be returned. Do not leave any urgent messages. If you need immediate medical attention please follow up
with your local provider or any of the resources in the After Hour Care section of this website.
- Appointments are preferred to minimize wait time and ensure sufficient time to meet each student's needs.
- Appointments are typically 15–30 minutes in length depending on the needs of the student. Please specify
what you need to be seen for when you make an appointment, so that the receptionist can schedule accordingly.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, you may need to re-schedule.
Walk-ins are also welcome and will be accommodated into the next available appointment.
Please bring your student ID card and a method of payment to your appointment. Payment is expected at the time of
If you are a new patient (or have not done so before) you will be asked to fill out a patient history form. The
history is vital to ensure that you receive the appropriate medical care. Additional forms may be given to the
student to complete as needed.
Please print and fill out the necessary forms before your scheduled appointment.