This document serves as standard operating procedure for a missing student.
The scope of this SOP applies to Westminster students that live in campus-owned residence halls.
In accordance to 34 C.F.R. 668.46 (h) (l) (iv), when the Dean of Students Office receives a report from friends, family members, or associates that a student who resides in campus housing may be missing, the director of campus security and the dean of students will initiate an investigation.
Regarding a missing residential student, they are to refer those details to either the director of campus security or the dean of students.
It is the responsibility of the director of campus security or the dean of students to initiate the investigation.
- Residential Student: a Westminster student living on campus
- Authorized Campus Officials: president, provost, dean of students, director of campus security, assistant dean of students, director of residence life, and assistant director of residence life
- An employee is informed of a missing residential student.
- An employee informs the director of campus security or the dean of students.
- The dean of students will notify appropriate persons, including law enforcement, within 24 hours.
- The dean of students discloses contact information of the missing student to law enforcement personnel to aid in the investigation.
- If the student is under the age of 18, the dean of students will automatically contact the student's parents/guardians.