Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Take a look at our Facebook post on How to Get
the Most Out of Outdoor Experience. "Like us" while you're at it so that you can stay in the loop about what's happening in the Outdoor Program.
- Outdoor Experience officially starts at 9:00 a.m.on Monday, August 13th. Please meet us in the Special
Events Room of the Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center with all of your trip gear packed and ready to go. Backpackers and Packrafters will do a
little re-packing and everyone who is borrowing gear from the program will get what they need at this time. We'll start the morning off with a light
breakfast (provided for you) and an orientation to the trips. All trips will leave campus around noon.
- All food is provided for Outdoor Experience participants beginning with breakfast at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, August 13th and continuing through the end of
- You can check into your residence hall from 5:00 p.m.–7 p.m.on Sunday, August 12th. You must come to the Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center (HWAC) Reception Desk to get your
ID card and check in before going to your residence hall. You're welcome to stay the night in your room get settled as much as you like, but you can only
check in from 5:00 p.m.–7 p.m.. There is no programming for
that evening, so you're on your own Sunday before and after you check in. We'll give you some ideas of things to do in the area and point you in the right
direction.There will be no residence hall check-in for the Outdoor Experience on Monday, August 13th. Students arriving after 7:00 p.m.on Sunday, August 12th can check into their residence hall upon returning from the trip.
- We can store baggage for students arriving on the morning of the 13th until they can check in to their residence hall upon returning from the trip.
- For students traveling by air, the Outdoor Program will provide shuttles periodically throughout the day on Sunday, August 12th -Contact us if you are
interested in a shuttle at email@example.com and see the
airport shuttle information below.
- It would be best to plan your travels to arrive in the afternoon (versus morning) as there is no organized activity for students on Sunday, August
- Students will return from the Legacy Scholars Adventure on Wednesday, August 15th.
- Students will return from the Multi-Sport Adventure on Thursday, August 16th in the afternoon. Students will return from the Alpine Backpacking and
Packrafting Expeditions on Friday, August 17th in the afternoon.
- The only trip that can accommodate Honors and International students is the Multi-Sport Adventure—they return in time for those respective
- Westminster College New Student Orientation begins at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 18th. The Outdoor Experience
Program will officially end when trips have returned, checked in gear, debriefed with program directors, and picked up T-shirts!
- Many of our trips are student-led. There will not necessarily be professional staff or faculty on each trip. We're proud of our student leaders who are
experienced and trained in leading trips for the Outdoor Program.
- There will be times throughout the week when students are "on their own" with no direct supervision. These include Sunday, August 12th and certain times on the trip when students are at camp, in tents in the evening, etc.
- If you must cancel: before the registration deadline (July 10th) you can receive a refund in full. If you cancel after July 10th but before July 24th:
you will be refunded 50% of the trip cost and the 50% that we keep may be applied as credit toward future trips. After July 24th, no refunds will be given
but 50% of the trip fee can be applied to future trips.
- If a participant needs to leave the trip for a policy violation either on or off campus, that participant is responsible for the cost of evacuation. If a
participant needs to be evacuated for other reasons, responsibility for the cost of evacuation will be assigned on a case-by-case basis.
Airport Shuttle Information for Sunday, August 12th
You must tell us if you need a shuttle and send us your flight number and arrival time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Take a look at the shuttle pickup schedule below. The Salt Lake
City airport is relatively small and easy to navigate. We will be in a Westminster Van and will be at Passenger Pickup #4 at the specified time. To get to the
Passenger Pickup Lane, exit the airport after baggage claim, walk outside across to the farthest lane before the parking garage—this is the Passenger
Pickup Lane—it's labeled and you will see large numbers overhead—you want #4.
- If your flight arrives between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., we'll pick
you up at 10:45 a.m.
- If your flight arrives between 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., we'll pick
you up at 11:45 a.m.
- If your flight arrives between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., we'll pick
you up at 12:45 p.m.
- If your flight arrives between 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m., we'll pick
you up at 1:45 p.m.
- If your flight arrives between 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., we'll pick you
up at 2:45 p.m.
- If your flight arrives between 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., we'll pick you
up at 3:45 p.m.
- If your flight arrives between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m., we'll pick you
up at 4:45 p.m.
- If your flight arrives between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., we'll pick you
up at 5:45 p.m.
- If your flight arrives between 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., we'll pick you
up at 6:45 p.m.
DON'T WORRY - WE WON'T LEAVE YOU! If your flight is delayed, no worries—you'll just catch the next shuttle. If at all possible, please call us at
to let us know about delays. If we don't hear from you, we will wait to see you at Passenger Pickup #4. If it takes you a few extra minutes to
get your bag, that's ok—we'll wait for ~15 mins after the pickup time if we don't see you.