Next Course Dates
November 11–12, 2017
This course is a Wilderness First Aid course that also serves as a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) recertification through the Wilderness Medicine Training Center and is the Hybrid DLP format. We offer a full hybrid DLP Wilderness First Responder course every spring.
How to Enroll and Receive Academic Credit
You must sign up through Web Advisor as you do for your other academic courses. The course fee is added to your tuition as a class fee.
How to Enroll Without Receiving Academic Credit
Simply register and pay online.
Hybrid DLP Wilderness First Aid Course Description
Hybrid DLP Wilderness First Responder Recertification Course Description
Preparing for the Course
- Send Tiana White your completed course agreement form as soon as possible after registering.
- If re-certifying your WFR, send Tiana White a copy of your current WFR Certification as soon as possible after registering.
- Complete pre-course online tests by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, November 5th (don't procrastinate—the tests are challenging!) Remember that the test is designed to help you learn. Please contact Tiana White at 801.832.2861 if you would like help with the tests. You'll need to check your email for the testing website and password to login.
- Watch the required online videos on the WMTC WFA course website or the WMTC WFR Recertification course website (depending on your certification level.)
- Prepare Ann's Case Study assignment and bring your completed SOAP note on the case study to the practical session. You'll find instructions on what to do and a link to the case study on the WMTC WFA course website or the WMTC WFR Recertification course website (depending on your certification level).
- Make your t-shirt roll and bring it with you to the practical session.
- Read through the WFA course syllabus (emailed to you) in detail and gather all pre-course materials.
During the Course
- The syllabus gives a great overview of the schedule during the course.
- Be prepared to be inside and outside, on the ground, in the rain, etc. Allow a few extra minutes to get there each day. You can park in the parking garage on the southwest side of the Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center. The course will meet in the Special Events room of the Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center (just as you enter the main doors on the south side of the building near the reception desk).
- The course begins at 8:00 a.m. sharp each day. Late arrivals may be subject to not passing the course. The course ends by 8:00 p.m. on Day 1 because of the evening session. The course will end by 6:00 p.m. on Day 2. There will be homework on Saturday evening.
- There will be a refrigerator and microwave for you to use should you choose to bring your snacks and meals during the course. Please be prepared to be efficient during breaks so that we can keep on schedule. There are also lots of options for purchasing food nearby.
Contact us at OutdoorProgram@WestminsterCollege.edu if you're interested in enrolling in this course!