The Single Pitch Instructor (SPI) Program teaches climbing instructors to proficiently facilitate and instruct the sport of rock climbing in a single pitch setting.
Next Course Dates
September 29–October 1
- You have a genuine interest in rock climbing and instructing novices on single pitch crags
- You are at least 18 years old at the time of the course
- You have at least 12 months prior climbing experience
- You are an active climber with traditional lead climbing experience (leader placing pro)
- You have led a minimum of 15 traditional rock climbing routes (any grade)
- You are capable of comfortably climbing 5.8 while on a top rope
The above prerequisites are absolute minimums. Without having at least this amount of experience you are unlikely to make best use of the training.
More information about AMGA SPI Courses