AMP is designed to foster the personal and professional growth of Westminster undergraduate students through individual mentorship with qualified alumni mentors and peer group discussions facilitated by Westminster alumni.
AMP members will have individual mentoring opportunities between various alumni and students, students will meet/connect with their mentors at least twice per month throughout the academic year, as well as Saturday Sessions with all AMP students. These facilitated Saturday Sessions have four aspects: a check-in/update/brainstorming session on everyone’s mentoring relationships, an alumni speaker who discusses the successes and failures in their life, a Q&A session, and a themed activity.
Apply To Be an AMP Mentee
A completed application is due Wednesday, April 11, at 8:00 p.m.
Apply to AMP
- Firm commitment to meet with a mentor at least once per month, for at least two hours
- Resolve to be dedicated to AMP from beginning to end, August–April
- Willingness to initiate contact with your mentor
- Willingness and ability to approach mentoring with an open mind
- Desire to improve yourself both personally and professionally
- Dedication to work toward professional goals with the help of your mentor
If you have any questions about applying for the AMP program please visit or call the Coaching and Mentoring Center (Converse 201) at 801.832.2551
What Students Say About AMP
"By participating in AMP, I have been able to step back and better evaluate my life. AMP has helped me discover who I am, what is truly important to me, has helped me prioritize my time to meet my long-term aspirations."
"I learned and gained many things from AMP this year. I think I grew as an individual and became a more confident communicator in group settings. This program has offered me a social outlet that I hadn't had prior to this experience at Westminster. I think that AMP offers individuals the opportunity to prepare for the 'real world' by advancing personally. This will give me the skills and abilities to apply myself in the workplace with a better understanding of my end goals and just how I define success."
"This program sets students up to be successful and assists them in better understanding their goals, strengths, and aspirations. AMP is an opportunity to develop personally while preparing to strive for your professional goals."
- Firm commitment to meet with mentee at least once per month, for at least two hours
- Firm commitment to promptly return all emails and phone calls from mentee
- Willingness to develop a strong relationship with the mentee—deeper than surface issues
- Ability to be friends with your mentee
- Willingness to listen to your mentee with an open mind and still be honest with them
- Willingness and ability to spend some of your own money on mentee for things, such as picking up a lunch tab, buying a drink, etc.
- Ability to set goals and implement steps to achieve them with your mentee
- Resolve to be dedicated to AMP from beginning to end
Please email your resume and contact information to the Alumni Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being an AMP mentor.