The Honors Council works in conjunction with the dean of the Honors College to oversee and support the administration of the college on topics including:
- Curricular matters
- Recruitment, admissions, and retention
- Selection and distribution of grants and awards
- Enhancement of the student experience in Honors
Faculty members are appointed in consultation with the chair of the Honors Council for 2-year terms, with 3 from Arts and Sciences (Dave Goldsmith ’21, Kristjane Nordmeyer ’20, Russ Costa ’20), staggered so that not all of the positions come up for reappointment each year; 1 each from the Gore School of Business (Dick Chapman ’20) and the School of Nursing and Health Sciences (Han Kim ’21); and 1 at-large faculty member (Connie Etter ’21).
Ex Officio (Voting) Members
- Dean of the Honors College, who also serves as chair of the Honors Council
- The Assistant Director of Honors and Fellowship Advising
- The Director of Fellowship Advising:
- The Assistant Director of Honors Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
- Representative from the Advising Staff
- Assistant director of Admissions, or whichever Admissions position oversees the recruitment of high achieving students at the college.
- 2 students, who are the president and vice president of the Student Honors Council, for 1-year terms.