Commercial Filming (External Use)
commercial film/photography requests on campus must be coordinated and
approved by Westminster's Office of Marketing and Communication and the
Office of Auxiliary and Event Services. External use
filming/photography includes, but is not limited to
- Theatrical release, broadcast, or print media
- Industrial use (e.g., trade shows, intra-company commercial use)
- Non-Westminster student filming
- Editorial use
- Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
- Westminster student-, faculty-, or staff-contracted filming for private purposes
film/photography requests should be coordinated at least 10 days prior
to the requested film/photography date. Additional fees may apply if the
request falls outside the 10-day window. All commercial requests will
require the requesting filmmaker/photographer to sign Westminster's Film
and Photography Location Agreement.
All commercial film/photography requests should include the following information.
- Project name/detailed description of film/photography project
- Specific dates and times
- Proposed shoot locations
- Size of crew and specific logistical needs (parking, catering, maintenance, grounds, police, etc.)
- Intended distribution outlets
- Production company name and responsible parties
Please direct commercial requests with the above information to the Office of Auxiliary and Events Services at 801.832.2900 and the Office of Marketing and Communication at 801.832.2682.
few exceptions, all commercial film/photography requests will be
subject to location fees that relate to the length of time of the
project, applicable facility rental fees, and service fees for
supervision and support (maintenance, grounds, parking, police, etc.).
Standard fees include, but are not limited to
- Per-day film location fee (interior and/or exterior): Starting at $5,000
- Per-day photography location fee (exterior): Starting at $2,000
- Per-day photography location fee (interior): $2,000 + applicable facility rental fees
- Per-day photography location fee (interior and exterior): Starting at $4,000
Potential Westminster College film/photography locations from the Utah Film Commission
to amount of college-related events and activities throughout the
school year, Westminster may not be able to accommodate all commercial
film/photography requests. To increase your chance of success, the
college recommends that requesters consider the summer semester time
frame or other academic breaks.
Please refer to Westminster's Policy Governing Campus Filming and Photography for specific information on commercial filming and photography requests.
news media film/photography interviews and footage by conventional
media outlets should be coordinated through the Office of Marketing and
Communication at 801.832.2682.
Public-relations contacts and media resources
Student/Class Project Film/Photography
for student and class film/photography projects should be coordinated
through the Office of Auxiliary and Events Services at 801.832.2900
to ensure the requested location is available and the shoot will not
interfere with any classes, events, etc., on campus. The Office of
Auxiliary and Events Services will also coordinate with Campus Patrol to
ensure access is available.
Private Film/Photography for Commercial Use
staff, students, and alumni who are requesting to film/photograph the
college for commercial use should refer to the "commercial filming"
category (see above) for their request.
Drone/Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) footage
All requests for filming the campus via drone or UAV must be coordinated through the Office of Marketing and Communication at 801.832.2682