- Enrollment in upper-division courses requires 2.8 GPA in CMPT 201, CMPT 202, and Math 201
- Students must have an overall 2.5 GPA in courses required for the major.
- Students must earn a C- or better in all required courses.
- In addition to the below, twelve hours of upper-division electives are required.
Required Courses that are offered at least once a year
- MATH 201 (Calculus I)—prerequisite MATH 105
- MATH 210 (Discrete Math)—prerequisite MATH 201
- CMPT 201 (Intro to Computer Science)—co-requisite MATH 105
- CMPT 202 (Intro to Data Structures)—prerequisite CMPT 201
- CMPT 251 (Computer Systems and Programming)—prerequisite CMPT 201
- CMPT 306 (Algorithms and Data Structures)—prerequisite MATH 210
- CMPT 307 (Database Systems)—prerequisite CMPT 202
- CMPT 385 (Proposal Writing class)—prerequisite: taken Fall semester before taking CMPT 390
- CMPT 390 (Senior Capstone class)—prerequisite: taken in the last Spring semester of your course of study
Required Courses that are offered every other year
- CMPT 322 (Software Engineering)—prerequisite CMPT 307
- CMPT 328 (Computer Architecture)—prerequisite CMPT 251
- CMPT 351 (Operating Systems)—prerequisites CMPT 251, CMPT 306
- CMPT 352 (Computer Networks)—prerequisite CMPT 202
Computer Science upper-division electives
Majors must take twelve hours from the list below (C- or better required).
- CMPT 202 is a prerequisite for all upper-division classes:
- CMPT 300—Special Topics—maximum of four hours of CMPT 300 may be applied towards major
- CMPT 301—Artificial Intelligence—prerequisite CMPT 202
- CMPT 335—Computer Security—prerequisite CMPT 251
- CMPT 355—Compilers—prerequisite CMPT 251
- CMPT 360—Computer Graphics—prerequisite CMPT 306
- CMPT 375—E-Commerce—co-requisite CMPT 307
Other electives (requires instructor's consent
- CMPT 387—Undergraduate Teaching—(1 hour)
- CMPT 401—Directed Studies (1—2 hours)
- CMPT 440—Internship (1—8 hours)
Maximum of four hours of CMPT 440 may be applied towards major.